Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bittersweet Symphony.

Yep, one day you're "KING OF THE WORLD", and the next you're freezing your toosh off in the Atlantic Ocean. Yesterday was suppose to be an awesome day, I had made a great project proposal that I was really excited about. Maybe a little too excited. I couldn't shut up about it, I was like a giddy little kid. I got to class and the anticipation was growing as I was sitting there listening to other presentations, and then in an instant it was all gone. My heart sunk into my stomach as I listened to a presentation that was nearly identical to mine. We're talking about word for word kind of identical. How does that happen? Ever since I've felt awful, the whole thing just wont sit right with me.

There is a silver lining. Thankfully I have an amazing partner for the project (which I will go more into detail about soon because it's really exciting!) and we're already cooking up more great ideas. I also have a pretty awesome guy that will sit there with an arm around me while I cry it out, along with the cutest dog ever that somehow got trained to rest his head on my lap whenever I'm upset. It's these things that make the bad stuff seem silly. 

Today I took a couple extra steps to pull myself out of my funk, and they are things I highly recommend if you're in need of a boost too.


With eating healthier I miss out on some of my favorite snacking. I decided I definitely deserved a cookie. This little guy is macadamia chocolate chip and VEGAN which I think everyone assumes means it's gross but I love them. Also do you see that those goldfish are space shapes? Talk about instant happiness. I love flowers too, I don't know what it is about them but they really do the trick when it comes to making me feel better. Besides these two things I've been listening to a lot of really loud music. All these things help. What do you do when you're upset? 

My day today ended up being infinitely better than yesterday. So much so that it deserves it's own post! So I'll be back tomorrow to give you the good news. Goodnight friends! Oh and I hope you all caught that Titanic reference up there. If not, it's ok, we can still be buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment